Thursday, March 31, 2011

John and Rebekah Get Hitched

So, I'm behind. This post is dedicated an event that happened a whole 3 weeks ago (oops!). Sorry for the delay!

A few weeks ago, we got to go to Memphis for John and Rebekah Harrleson's wedding. John is one of Lan's closest friends. I met Rebekah early on in college, through a couple of my Chi O friends, Laura and Erica. When I started dating Lan, he was living with John, and John and Rebekah were also dating, so I really got to know her during this time. Especially in the beginning, when I was still getting to know Lan and his friends, it was such a comfort to have Rebekah, a familiar face, around. Rebekah is an amazing, Godly woman, and I know God has great things in store for her marriage!

Needless to say, we love John and Rebekah and were so honored to be a part of their wedding weekend! The wedding was beautiful, and Rebekah was a stunning bride. John, you are a very lucky guy!

Some pictures from the weekend... Sadly, I think I had my camera on a bad setting ALL WEEKEND, so these are all blurry :( I am very, very bummed, but I wanted to share anyway...

The best part of going back to the wedding for me was getting to see old friends! For those of you not lucky enough to know them, these are two of my best friends from college, Erica and Laura. I love and miss you both terribly! Please come to Houston :)

Me with Laura Gullet, another college friend! She stayed at Lori's with me while we were in Memphis, so we got to have lots of quality bonding time!

Me with the bride at the rehearsal dinner! So beautiful, I hate it's blurry. She just posted a much better version of this picture on FB, if you're interested. Her camera was 10 times better than mine.

Me with the most handsome boy I know :)

Friends at Lori's!

Lan and I at the reception.

Me with Erica, the maid of honor, at the reception!

Me with the beautiful bride!

Friends at the reception :)

Another one of me and Lan.

Us with Lori, big sis and matchmaker extraordinaire!

That concludes my pictures! I wish I had taken pictures at brunch on Sunday. We went through Oxford on the way home and I got to see Lindsay, my best friend from Junior Miss!

We had an amazing weekend, and it was so refreshing to see all our college friends in one place! We must do this again soon :)

John and Rebekah, congratulations! You will love being married. Please come visit us soon.

Luckily, this weekend promises to be freer than the past couple weekends, so hopefully you'll be hearing from me again soon - I have lots more updates!

Love from Houston,
L and J

No comments:

Post a Comment