Friday, September 10, 2010

Married Life

So, I write a lot about things we actually do, but I thought it would be a nice change of pace to write about married life in general. We LOVE married life. Living with your best friend is so worth the wait. We really do have a lot of fun. And laugh. A lot. We laughed together when we were dating, but our laughter has, like, increased twofold since we've been married. I think it makes our marriage that much happier. It's fun to do the little things together. Like grocery shop and watch TV. We are enjoying learning about each other and learning about how to be a good spouse. It's easy to see why God considers marriage to be so important. Not only are we learning more about each other, but we're learning how to be more Christ-like in a way that we didn't when we were single. So, in summary, marriage is awesome. :)

Another fun part of married life is cooking. I get to try lots of new recipes with Lan (though if they involve lots of vegetables or tomatoes, Lan sometimes rejects them...). This is one of those. We made it for the MSU game last night, and I'd like to share it with you. It comes from the Southern Generations cookbook (Starkville JA).

Cheesy Bacon Dip (serves 8 to 10)

1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cp mayonnaise
1 cp grated Swiss cheese
2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cp butter crackers (Ritz), crushed

Mix together the first 4 ingredients. Transfer to a baking dish. Top with bacon and crackers. Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes.

Everyone who ate this last night commented on how tasty it was. I added a little more cheese than it called for and more bacon (yum!). If I had it to do over, I would mix more bacon in the actual dip (the recipe doesn't call for this, but I did it anyway, and I liked it- I just wish I would've put more) and not add so much extra cheese (it made the dip too cheesy- which was tasty, but it made it harder to spread).

Anyway, we have a fun-filled weekend ahead. We're going to visit our friends Chris and Marley in the Woodlands tonight and tomorrow, Lan's aunt and uncle are coming to visit and we're going to see his cousin play football! Fun!

Happy Friday!
Jennifer and Lan

No comments:

Post a Comment