So we had some friends over for the super bowl yesterday and we had hamburgers with this dip and spicy crackers. And it was OMG delicious (that's pretty delicious, guys). I found the recipe through Pinterest. It comes from Buns in My Oven, a really cool blog that I now follow (she has great recipes and REALLY PRETTY pictures - check her out).
Hot Bacon Cheese Dip
Recipe from Buns in My Oven, slightly adapted
Picture comes from Buns in My Oven
• 2 cups (8 oz) Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded (from the block, not the bag)
• 1 cup (4 oz) Parmesan Cheese, shredded
• 1 cup mayo
• 1/4 cup finely diced onion
• 7 bacon strips, diced and fried
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine ingredients in large bowl and spoon dip mixture into a greased baking dish (you can do this the night before, and keep in the fridge until you're ready to bake).
Cover with tin foil and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake another 5 (I wanted it to be a little brown on top). Serve with crackers.
• Buns in My Oven makes this dip in a bread bowl, which sounds yummy and awesome, but Lan tends to be anti-bread bowl, so we put it in a greased baking dish instead, and it worked out great!
• It was a little difficult to eat because of the big cheese shreds, so if I did this again, I would process the cheese before baking so it was easier to break off pieces of the dip.
• I halved the recipe and it was the perfect size for 4 people (as a dinner side - we don't normally serve dips as dinner sides, but it's the super bowl, you have to have dip).
Quick life update... January was a crazy month for us. Lan was in Louisiana for training for 2 weeks. He got back the same day I left to go to New Orleans (there is a NOLA blog post coming!), then left again the following Tuesday to recruit at MSU (last week). We were finally reunited on Friday, but we were both a little under the weather. But, we are both feeling good now, and look forward to resuming life as usual until Lan goes out of town the next time!
Okay, that's all for now.
Love from Houston,
L & J