Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Texas Renaissance Festival

Halloween weekend, we visited the Texas Renaissance Festival (Ren Fest for short). I got free tickets from work, so we figured it was worth going! I've always been intrigued by Renaissance festivals. Not that I ever wanted to go and dress up or anything, but they are interesting! This one is very big!! There was lots to see. They have shows (singers, dancers, comedians, etc.) and lots of food and games. Oh, and they have artisans you can go watch - you can see glass blowers, paper makers, blacksmiths, etc. The place it was held basically looks like a huge Old Timey village.

And the people watching. Oh, my. There were lots of interesting people there. This was really the best part for us.

Anyway, we had a fun time with our friends Kirby and Christine and we look forward to going back next year!

Wanna get married at Ren Fest? No problem - here's your chapel.

Us in the German section (it was laid out by country-each area had somewhat country-specific food)


The pickle cart. Yeah, I don't get it either. They were yelling and running.

Us with a suit of armor outside one of the restaurants

Belly dancing

We advised them to enter the costume contest. They did not. We know because we were there. Highlight of the costume contest - the group dressed up as the Space Balls crew. It was awesome! I wish I had a pic to share.

Llama!

Kirby at the archery booth

Showing Christine the ropes.

You can pretty much tell where her arrow is headed from this pic.. haha.

Kirby let me try too!

Scary fox person

Birds of Prey show

Elephant rides!

Jousting

Me with Lan before one of the shows

My favorite show - FIRE WHIP. This guy was really funny.

That's right. Zelda Ocarinas for sale. There was a guy right beside this display playing one. Buy one and you get the music from the game. Haha. My brothers, dad & I all played Zelda Ocarina of Time on N64, so this was a blast from the past!

After this post, I'm caught up activity-wise. I still have lots of recipes to share, though! And Christmas pics! YAY!

Love from Houston,
L & J

No comments:

Post a Comment