Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Mississippi Sin Dip

We first tasted this dip at a wedding when we were dating (I can't remember whose wedding it was!). Obviously, we loved it (it's so good, ya'll). When we got married, we had it at our reception, too. So we have a long history with this dip!

This Halloween, we went to a themed party at my friend Danielle's house, so I made Mississippi Sin Dip and Spicy Crackers. It was a hit! There are different variations of this dip, but they have the same basic ingredients. I combined the recipe in Bully's Best Bites (in there they call it Mississippi State Sin Dip - title in maroon!) with one I found on About.com.

Mississippi Sin Dip



Pic from my iPhone :) - sad compared to the other 2

Ingredients
  • 1 loaf of crusty French bread
  • 1 1/2 cups sour cream
  • 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
  • 8 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1 clove crushed garlic
  • 1/3 cup chopped green onions
  • 1/2 cup cooked diced ham (I just bought one thick slice from the deli counter)
  • 1/3 cup chopped green chiles
  • Dash of Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (I think I took out the seeds when I made it, but include them if you want it to be spicy!)
1. Combine all ingredients except bread (I mixed mine up using my stand mixer).
2. Hollow out bread (save the pieces you take out to use as dippers later).
3. Put dip in bread bowl and wrap in foil.
4. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Serve with bread, crackers, or chips.

NOTE: Instead of baking mine in bread, I baked it in a glass dish. It works either way! Also, I made mine ahead of time and refrigerated it until I was ready to bake it, and it turned out great!

Well, that's all for now! I'm still working on a Christmas post. We're having some friends over for dinner tomorrow night, so I'll have table setting pictures to share :)

Love from Houston,
L & J

No comments:

Post a Comment