Well, the title says it all. I love pasta salad. Lan is picky. So, when he asked me to come up with a healthy recipe for Saturday lunch a while back, I suggested a pasta salad. He complied, as long as we could serve it at room temp. Apparently that was his big complaint about pasta salad in general.
So, I made up this recipe. This is really how every pasta salad starts, and this one is not so different than any other one out there.
Holloway Pasta Salad - 4 servings
(food styling is not my forte, unfortunately)
2 c pasta, uncooked
1 c fresh broccoli florets
1 c red bell pepper, chopped
1/4 c red onion, copped
1 c tomato, chopped (1 medium)
1/2 c green onion, chopped (I used 3)
1/4-1/2 c mozzarella cheese (your preference)
1/2-3/4 c Italian dressing
2 c chopped, grilled chicken
1. The chicken - we marinaded in Italian (overnight is always best) and grilled the chicken. You could season or marinade however you want
2. Cook pasta (al dente- always), and drain (don't rinse!)
3. Chop all your veggies and chicken
4. Mix veggies, chicken, and cheese
5. Add dressing slowly until you reach the amount you like (we overdressed ours when we made it- take it slow!)
Enjoy! Maybe your picky eaters will eat this too.
Up next - MORE recipes and an important life update. Get excited.
Love from Houston,
L and J